Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Shunt

I don't know. No sooner has my erstwhile neighbour Peter Ashley insinuated himself in here with Mike Goldmark, (both of them going into huddles in the corner talking about the Unmitigated County Guides they're going to do AND books about folly towers and fag packets), than he waltzes in here with this. I knew he was a 'railway buffer' or whatever it's called (trainspotter), but it looks like he's been clearing out his drawers of all the stuff he's undoubtedly nicked out of 1950's waiting rooms. Oh yes, it's all in here- tickets, luggage labels, cigarette cards, bits of torn timetables AND I don't doubt the wrapper off a Brief Encounter rock cake. Of course everyone falls over themselves and it all gets done up as a 'Mixed Media' limited edition print called Shunt With Care. I'll mix media with him if he does it again. Although as I've got his lawnmower in bits in my barn I suppose I ought to keep quiet about it. For a bit.

6 comments:

  1. I want one and I want one now. Absolutely stunning. Even if one is not a railway nut, it's just a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Wartime Housewife. 'Lord' Ashley will be pleased. Have you any old gas mask ointment packaging and instruction leaflets on Anderson Shelters he could have for his next 'masterpiece'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable. A copy should grace the office wall of every marshalling-yard supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is starting to read like Bertie Wooster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any Chagall or Braque lithographs on sale at the moment

    ReplyDelete